Sunday, January 10, 2010

Family Life!






Soo, first thing's first or mazu, my family is super nice. They set me up in a swweeeettt room(s), traditional with tatami mats and a tokonoma (alcove w/ a scroll and plant arrangement) and shooji (sliding paper doors)! and the other sliding door that I can't remember the name of right now. It's pretty sweet. It's basically like a house connected to the main house. I have my own toire and everything! There's a picture of it there and the hall I go down to get to it. I like the living room though because it has a kotatsu.
They also set me up on the WIRELESS! internet on the first day. I know this is a lot more than I expected.
We went out to dinner last night. A sushiya (sushi shop) that had the sushi on plates going around on a conveyor belt! You see something you want and you pick it up and eat it. If you want something special just ask the cooks in front of you to make it and there you go!
I have a video. For some reasons my video's are posting too well. I think I might have to put them up on youtube.
Right now I'm sitting w/ my feet under the kotatsu (heated table) eating some Milky candy (oishii).
Later, I'm gonna do a trial run w/ my new jitensha (bike) to the train station. Now's the best way to get over my fear of getting lost.
Tomorrow I have my placement test sooo I'm gonna study some kanji (characters) now.

No comments:

Post a Comment