Saturday, February 27, 2010

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNJJJJJJJJJJJJAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!






Happy Valentine's Day, NINJA~!


So on Valentine's Day, the IES students took a bus trip to Mie prefecture about a 1hr drive from Nagoya.
We went strawberry picking at Mokumoku Farms. We got to pick strawberries straight off the plants and eat them. Then we got to pick some for an omiyage (souvenior). The strawberries were really tasty and sweet and I really enjoyed picking out my own. There were all sorts of paths to wander off on and there was a Pig show there. The pigs were not very good at doing tricks, not very good at all, but they did have heart... So after the strawberry picking, we ate at Mokumoku farm's BBQ, pork BBQ. I guess those pigs didn't put enough hear into their performance, but they did put it into their flavor! Yum yum! We got to cook the food ourselves on a gas grill in the middle of the tables. Twas a very good bonding experience for us :). Oh Buta-san... so tasty

So after we left the strawberry farm, we went to the Ninja House. Where we met Tomo-chan. That's what he told us to call him. The most adorable ninja/(real ninja descendant) that I've ever met and took a picture with. Apparently, he also had a crazy pack (crazy pack = 10+ pack) But his face is so adorable! He spoke English for us and gave us a little bit of a tour. When we were walking towards the house, there was a kid dressed in a red ninja suit. Apparently, you can rent them for the day and wear them around the place. This kid just saw us ready to take pictures and his inner ninja/model came out. Every pose in the book. This kid knew it. Thank you, Juurangaa (Power Rangers)! Back to Tomo-chan, adorable.
So there was a ninja show with ninja fights and confetti guts! It was great. Tomo even showed us how to roll 500yen on a parasol. Adorable! He also showed us how to slice open our opponents! I took a video of the whole thing. It's in Japanese, so it will be hard to understand. But I'll try to explain it later. *Eji, pay attention to this video* We go demonstrations of different weapons like throwing stars, sickles, and samurai swords. I got a piece of bamboo that was cut bu the sword I'm holding in that picture. I kinda was geeking out the whole time. I played the throwing star game. I kinda sucked at it, sadly, but Adam did well! darn him! and he got another prize! We then had a tour of a Ninja house, showing us all the secret passages and hidey-holes. I got to go into a secret room! We then went through 2 more ninja museums and I bought some omiyage there. My new coin purse is a lil red ninja. Wonderful. Actually, I had to ask Tomo-chan for my piece of Bamboo, cause lucky Adam, got the first piece, but he was so happy to oblige. I'll link our pictures!

I took pictures and recorded everything I could of the Ninja Show and museum. I hope you like them.

Oh, and I know you were wondering. I did indeed have a Valentine. Her name was Tana and we're tight! We were dubbed "best valentines ever" thanks to our synchronized dance moves. We exchanged chocolates as girls in Japan do on Valentine's Day (boys give chocolate and presents on White day 3/14) and had a great time being cool together.

Tis all for now,

Love,

~Ama

1 comment:

  1. The picture with the girls and Tomo-chan was rudely interrupted by Dragon, who couldn't stand one man, other than him, getting so much female attention.

    ReplyDelete